Purpose of this Data Protection Notice
This notice sets out the basis on which Pinpoint Scotland Limited ("we", "us") shall process the personal information provided by you pursuant to the foregoing Subscription Application Form.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By completing the Subscription Application Form you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
About us and how to contact us
We are the controller for the purposes of data protection legislation in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. Pinpoint Scotland Ltd, 9 Gayfield Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3NT, UK or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, comments and requests regarding this notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Justin Chater at email@example.com. If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can contact us and / or notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Use of your personal information
We will use your personal information to provide you with our magazine subscription service. We will post these to the address which you have provided to us. Where you have consented to our doing so, we will use your personal information to contact you in relation to industry news and offers specific to your specialty from third parties which we think you may be interested in.
Legal basis for processing personal information
- Contract: We will process your personal information on the basis that this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, specifically, the information is necessary to enable you to receive our subscription services.
- Consent: We will only send direct marketing emails or post to you where you have given your consent to our doing so.
Sharing your personal information
Your personal information on the subscription form is not shared with third parties.
How long will we hold your information?
We will hold your personal information for the duration of your subscription with us and for up to 3 months following the termination of your membership.
European economic area
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area without informing you beforehand. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or post is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information posted to us or transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. You can exercise your rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you by making a subject access request in accordance with data protection legislation. Until 25 May 2018 we may charge a fee of £10 for any requests. After 25 May 2018 we may charge a reasonable fee where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted in certain specific circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by us as well as the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information, both in certain specific circumstances.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time (including after giving consent to marketing) by contacting us.
- Where you have provided your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Pinpoint Scotland Ltd, 9 Gayfield Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3NT, UK or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to data portability (i.e. the right to receive your personal information which you have provided to us in a certain format and to transfer that to another controller) in certain specific circumstances.