This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information Pinpoint Scotland Limited ("we", "us") collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This policy covers all of our websites, including, without limitation, www.entandaudiologynews.com, www.thepmfajournal.com, www.eyenews.uk.com, www.urologynews.uk.com, www.pinpoint-scotland.com, www.pinpointdirectmail.co.uk (the “Site”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
About us and how to contact us
We are the data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation in respect of the personal information that we hold about you.
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding your personal information you can contact us at Pinpoint Scotland Ltd, 9 Gayfield Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3NT, UK or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Justin Chater at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information, you can contact us and / or notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on: 0303 123 1113.
Collecting personal information
We will collect the following personal information about you:
- Information provided by you. Information about you that you give us by completing forms on the Site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address, place of work, job title and speciality, phone number and bank account details.
We may request further information from you where this is required for the purpose of a contract between you and us. If we do not receive the necessary information to provide goods or services to you, we may either not be able to enter into a contract to provide the goods or services to you or may terminate our contract with you.
Use of your personal information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Information provided by you. We will use this information to perform any contracts entered into between you and us.
Legal basis for processing personal information
We will process your personal information on the following legal grounds:
- Your consent: where you have agreed to us using your personal information. For example we will only send direct marketing to you where you have given your consent.
- Our legitimate interests or those of a third party, such as providing you with a good experience when you browse the Site, improving the Site, enforcing our rights under our contract with you, maintaining our relationship with you as a service provider, web analytics and optimisation, updating and verifying your details, providing you with relevant information about our services and assessing whether to enter into a contract with you.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with us to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with us.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
How long will we hold your information for?
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the “uses” outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal information to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
European Economic Area
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area without informing you beforehand.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. You can exercise your rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you by making a subject access request in accordance with data protection legislation. Until 25 May 2018 we may charge a fee of £10 for any requests. After 25 May 2018 we may charge a reasonable fee where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted in certain specific circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by us as well as the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information, both in certain specific circumstances.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking the boxes on the forms on the Site. You can also exercise the right at any time (including after giving consent to marketing) by contacting us.
- Where you have provided your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- You have the right to data portability in certain specific circumstances.