This year’s British Association of Urological Nurses (BAUN) annual conference is being held on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th November at the ACC Liverpool.
Registration is available on the conference website. Please visit: www.baun.co.uk/baun-conference/
BAUN are acutely aware of the new Medtech Europe Codes of Practice which are in place and apply to all MedTech Europe Member Companies to maintain ethical interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Organisations. This means that industry will not be able to provide direct funding to individuals.
However, don’t let this put you off attending the main urology event of the year as there are many other alternatives that can be explored.
- The most straight forward way is self-funding
- Check if your own NHS Trust has received funding via a specific educational grant for the conference attendance
- If you have historically been funded by a specific company, be proactive and approach them yourself to see whether they have any educational grants on offer
As ever this year's conference programme is packed and varied to ensure there is something for everyone, making BAUN 2019 the must attend event for nurses and practitioners working in urology.
Pre-Conference Workshops: On Sunday 10th November, we will continue to provide excellent pre-conference workshops:
- The Flexible Cystoscopy Workshop enables nurses to access theory and practice around the procedure, and the sessions are supported by experts and company personnel with hands on experience for the delegates.
- The Advanced Andrology Workshop helps to develop those nurses involved in helping patients through erectile dysfunction issues.
- NEW to 2019 is our “Get Good at Presenting and Writing” Workshop where we want to help you promote the excellent work you do around the country. Experts will help you develop these essential skills.
Day 1: On Monday, our conference will open with an inspiring session from Lisa Rodrigues CBE, coach, author and mental health campaigner who will discuss challenges she faced as a nurse and NHS CEO. Lisa will be our keynote speaker and present the Eileen O’Hagan lecture and set the scene for our theme of “Cultivating Resilience – Thriving amidst adversity!”.
We are also thrilled to have Lee Jackson, author and motivational speaker who will present on Monday afternoon and help us all “Get Good at work!”.
Day 2: On the second day of conference the programme will divide into subsections of oncology and benign urology with experts covering each area ensuring that there will be something on offer for everyone.
To view the full programme please visit: www.baun.co.uk/baun-conference/programme
The free paper and posters are always an important part of the conference. This is your opportunity to share your research and ideas, communicate good practice and engage with like minded urology professionals.
By submitting an abstract at conference you will also have a chance to win either 'Best Oral Presentation' or ‘Best Poster Presentation' with the winners each being awarded a free place at BAUN Conference 2020!
Full criteria and information on how to submit your abstract is available online please visit: http://www.baun.co.uk/baun-conference/freepapers/
Abstract submission deadline: 9th September 2019
REGISTER NOW at www.baun.co.uk/baun-conference/pricing
Early bird price valid until: 9th September 2019
For further information: email@example.com / 01506 292 042
Follow us on Twitter @BAUNnurses and use #BAUN19 for live conference updates
We are also on Facebook! Please follow and like www.facebook.com/baun.co.uk