An opportunity has arisen for you to bring your expertise to chair the highly regarded Science and Education Committee (SEC) of The Urology Foundation.
The Urology Foundation (TUF) was started by urologists to advance understanding and practice for the benefit of urology patients. We are the only charity in the UK and Ireland that covers all urological conditions and cancers. Our mission is to support and develop the best urology research, training and education that leads to the best possible patient care. TUF is administered by a Board of Trustees which includes urologists and lay people.
The SEC Chair will also sit on the TUF Board of Trustees. This is an honorary post but expenses will be reimbursed.
The Chair’s responsibilities are to:
- Communicate the work of the SEC to internal and external stakeholders, and promote TUF’s work and programmes more generally to the wider urological community.
- Oversee adjudication by the SEC and Reviewing Committee of research and grant applications.
- Ensure the SEC acts in accordance with rules laid down by the AMRC, of which TUF is a member.
- Ensure that TUF’s programmes (research, training and education) are in line with the charity’s strategic direction and objectives.
- Work with and support the Chief Executive and the Director of Research & Operations and their team as required in identifying and publicising the impact of TUF’s research and programmes.
- Provide guidance to TUF staff on scoping programmes and eligibility criteria, etc.
Applicants should have experience of grant-giving bodies, chairing committees and supervising scientific research.
The deadline for applications is the 31st of October. To download a full SEC Chairmans Information Pack CLICK HERE.
Applications should consist of a brief CV (max 4 pages) and a supporting statement of no more than 2 pages setting out how they meet the requirements, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a header of “TUF SEC Chair Application”.